Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Sketchings Storage

I had received a very nice 3 ring binder with many empty pages in it from my godparents/ Uncle Bruce and Aunt Jane for Christmas. I was wondering at 1st what it was for, since I don't take pictures that often. They told me I can use it to store my sketches.

I realized that is a wonderful idea. I have a portfolio to store pictures of my best artwork, but having a case for the numerous sketches that came before it and have helped me develop my ideas is a good idea. Artists' sketches prove useful even to other people down the line.

I recall my teachers have told me to keep my sketches, but they never told me in what. Not all sketchbooks are secure, and they are more likely to tear over time. I also have had the tendency to take pages out of the sketchbooks in order to scan the images, but just simply placing the pages back into the sketchbook is no good. Having them in a secure place, like how comic book fanatics keep their most prized graphic novels in sealed plastic and organized, is a very wise idea that I suggest to other artists as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment