Thursday, December 1, 2011

Soup2Nuts

Soup2Nuts is an award winning animation company in Watertown Massachusetts. It primarily uses Adobe Flash to produce such shows as "Word Girl", "Dr. Katz", and "Home Movies". Feel free to visit their website at http://www.soup2nuts.tv/index.html.

I have applied to this company not long after I went to college. They sent me tests in the form of flash files, but I did not get the jobs of animator or storyboard artist. I understand now that I did not fulfill the requirements. Even after I took their advice of getting a Wacom Tablet to draw on my computer and reading Richard Williams' "The Animator's Survival Kit", which is a book I highly recommend to aspiring animators, I still required more experience.

This company gave me a test scene that needed to be completed in a week, which I took advantage of, but told me that one animator could finish this scene in a day. I worked tirelessly on the tests each day, but didn't understand how anyone could pull off this workload in one day. After a class with Andy Fish in tablet drawing at the Worcester Art Museum I went back into flash to experiment more with the tablet. I found out my previous method was entirely flawed.

I thank Soup2Nuts and Andy Fish for all they taught me, and I am continuing to develop my animation skills. Why am I writing all of this? It is because I have always wanted to become an animator, and I suggest everyone as well to follow their dreams even in these hard times. I am going to apply to Soup2Nuts again after I work on some good quality animations that I will have posted on my website. I will make sure I can do what test they give me within the span of time they expect of me. If I don't get the job at Soup2Nuts, than I will search elsewhere, but I will still wish this company luck as they continue to give the world award winning animation.

I just want to let everyone know that life dreams are hard, but they are worth pursuing.

No comments:

Post a Comment