Saturday, May 26, 2012

38 Studio Fails

I was truly surprised to find out as I read an article on the Escapist website called "Entire 38 Studios Staff Laid Off, Effective Immediately." This article caught my attention because this company was one of many game design companies I have applied to for a job. I applied to Curt Schilling's company based on the premise that this was a new company and they were looking for employees to hire. I just wonder what would have happened if I were working at 38 Studios and I discovered numerous odd coincidences occurring: that employees weren't getting paid, executives fleeing, and eventually receiving an email saying that you were laid off. I think I would be really agitated, and I hope that whatever company I do end up working for won't fail like this.

On a side note, the Julien Hudson exhibit is officially closing tomorrow at the Worcester Art Museum. It was an interesting small exhibit, but it has lived up to it's potential in popularity here in Massachusetts and not as many people will be around to see it during the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment