Thursday, February 9, 2012

Cape Cod

For the past three days, I was visiting my grandparents at Cape Cod. There wasn't much that I did there besides relax, went with them out to lunch at two separate restaurants on two separate days, went with them to see certain sights, watched the movie "The Departed", and played Scrabble with my grandmother. Usually I would go to the beach while I am there, but since it is still winter, we were limited. It was still nice to visit and see them.

One place we decided to go to was the Cape Cod Beer Brewery for a tour and free samples. They are a small beer factory that distributes beer throughout Cape Cod. It is too bad that they only distribute in Cape Cod because their light beer "Beach Blonde" was actually good! I haven't ever had a beer that I liked, but I found one. The others were strong.
 There was a gift shop that had some of their large glass bottles that they reuse and merchandise from local businesses. It was interesting.

Here is a pamphlet for the Edward Gorey House in Yarmouth Port, MA. We didn't visit it this time, but we went the previous time I visited the Cape. Edward Gorey was a children's book illustrator and a etch artist. I liked his work because some of it appeared to be dark like bats, black birds, and other strange creatures. The museum was originally his house. I suggest people to visit when they are in the area.

I also suggest going to the Cape Cod Museum of Art. They have an interesting sculpture collection outside. We didn't get a chance to go in, but I will try to next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment