Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Hayao Miyazaki

 

I saw a review today of Hayao Miyazaki's Ponyo. I do agree with this review that a few things seemed odd in this movie and it seems much more cute than Miyazaki's other animated movies, but it is still a very good movie with terrific animation that I am glad to own. I watched the movie with English subtitles and it is better in my opinion. There are not that many Anime movies or shows that are better with English dubs.



I have seen a few other movies created by Miyazaki and they have all been very good. I have seen Spirited Away, Lupin III: Castle of Cagliostro, My Neighbor Totoro, and Howl's Moving Castle, but Princess Mononoke is my favorite. I still want to watch some of his other movies including the most recent movie he helped write The Secret World of Arrietty.



Hayao Miyazaki is a Japanese manga artist, film director, and animator. He co-founded an animation company with Isao Takahata called Studio Ghibli. His work is very creative and the animation is spectacular. He is an inspiration to animators like myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment