Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Raven Queen

Happy Valentine's Day! For today, I will post a sketch of an evil antagonist from my Zheph Skyre series. She sort of ruins the idea of love, but whatever.

I was thinking of calling her Bestillia, but I am not entirely sure. I do like the name a little bit. For a while I was wondering what to make of this character's origin. It seemed a little odd to me at 1st just to add a female character to the group of main antagonists, but I believe she will fit perfectly. I was going to make her the third species of immortal monsters that pass on their genetic traits by biting victims like vampires and werewolves, but I'm now thinking of making her similar to RA Salvatore's "Spider Queen".

In the world of Drizzt Du Orden, the evil dark elves, the drow, worship a deity that created them from her image, the Spider Queen. This deity called Lolth is feared as a bringing of chaos and destruction even in the alternate dimension where she lives. Spiders are mainly her symbol, and her punishment to drow who don't follow her rule is turning them into a half drow half spider creature called a drider.

In the world of Zheph Skyre, things are different. This character's element is wind, and spiders aren't associated with wind, so I'm thinking of making her the Raven Queen. There will be dark elves in my series, though I don't think I'll call them drow, have them live underground, and worship spiders. This race of evil elves will follow the Raven Queen though.

The Raven Queen has quite a few abilities including flight, unmatchable speed, the ability to produce any weapon she wants, taking the form of others, wind based magic, regeneration from drinking blood, and more. She is also a seductress. I think she's the only female evil character of mine who is.

No comments:

Post a Comment