Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Good Earth Dragon Sketch #2 & #3

Here are two more sketches of the good earth dragon from my Zheph Skyre series.


As you can see, I tried the hard tusks and the hard trunk, but it didn't look right to me. One comment I got was that the tusk looked like some sort of tentacle coming out of it's mouth. I knew I had to rework it.


Here the tusks have become two trunks. I was going to continue this sketch, but it occurred to me that this still didn't look right. I think this creature looks much better when the head is pointed down. Since this creature is based on an elephant and a bison, it should behave more like those animals. Even though the neck has been extended, I think the head should be pointed down. Earth Dragons would probably keep their heads pointed to the ground anyways...

I'm also wondering about the arms of this dragon. Should I make them appear think or keep them thin?

In the background of the sketches I quickly drew full body views of some of the dragons from my series. It is best not to waste paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment